I solved the problem by ironing the leaves between two sheets of wax paper. It was something I had learned in elementary school many, many years ago (back when the earth was cooling). My granddaughters still collect leaves so we can do the activity together. Here is how you do it.
- Find different sizes and colors of leaves.
- Tear off two sheets of waxed paper - about the same size.
- Set the iron on "dry". No water or steam here!
- The heat level of the iron should be medium.
- Place leaves on one piece of the waxed paper.
- Lay the other piece on top.
- Iron away!
So my suggestion is to get out there and start gathering leaves because your students, children and grandchildren will love it....be-leaf me!